Smart Contract Engineer
Sense is a decentralized fixed-income protocol on Ethereum, enabling predictable returns from fixed rates and directional long/short bets on interest rates from future yield trading.
The Sense Protocol is leveraged by DeFi users who want more control over their cash flows, and it's used by fixed-income technologists who want to build new yield primitives for DeFi, such as fixed-income tokens, yield tokens, and other custom re-divisions of existing tokens' exposures.
We're working towards a future where Finance is more resilient, accessible, transparent, and fair, empowering generations of individuals with financial freedom.
Join our world-class team, backed by a diverse set of investors and mentors, including Dragonfly, Bain Capital Ventures, Variant, Nascent, Robot, theLAO, CollabCurrency, Jai Bhavnani of Waymont, Noah Zinsmeister of Uniswap, DeFi Dad, Steven Becker of UDHC, Kurt Barry of MakerDAO, and Tom Walton-Pocock.
Together, we'll embark on a mission to build decentralized permissionless infrastructure for fixed income.
We are looking for a bold, curious engineer with high standards to help us architect, implement, and test the fully permissionless, gas-optimized Sense-v2 and our next-generation fixed-rate AMM, Space-v2.
You will join a lean, highly effective team of smart contract engineers, including the CTO (Josh), and ensure consistent, high-quality codebases, technical specifications, deployment scripts, and more.
Visit our Hiring Page for more information about Sense and our culture.
- Participate in technical specification design, technical roadmap, and implementation of the Sense V2 Protocol
- Create deployment scripts to enable tests, protocol configuration presets, and production deployments
- Work with auditors to ensure the quality and safety of the protocol
- Help shape the direction of systems design by defining high-level architecture, principles, and standards within DeFi
- Design processes for managing the security of the core Protocol and related applications
- Perform and assist engineers through code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixing, and general support
- 1+ years experience with Solidity development, from contract design to mainnet deployment
- Experience with a development suite, such as Foundry, Hardhat, Dapp, Brownie or Truffle
- Experience with contract libraries, such as Dappsys, OpenZeppelin, and Solmate
- A deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, common vulnerabilities, and the EVM
- Know when to create abstractions vs. one-off methods
- An awareness of different products and services offered by large DeFi projects, such as Maker, Aave, and Lido, and how they are implemented in terms of business logic, technology, systems, and software architecture
- Working knowledge of the largest AMM implementation, like Uniswap, Balancer, and Curve
- A desire to keep up with emerging trends in the Ethereum and blockchain technology space
- Comfortable bridging the strategic objectives of the organization with internal engineering practices
- An understanding of how smart contract data is consumed by frontends
- Native-level fluency in English (spoken and written)
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with the optimistic rollups, ZK rollups, and L2 bridges
- Experience writing smart contracts in languages other than Solidity as well (Rust, Vyper, etc)
- Degree in math or computer science
- A deep understanding of AMM invariants
- Experience implementing complex math in Solidity
Sense Finance is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.