Public Relations Associate
Builder Capital is a web3 native VC fund supporting builders.
Builder Capital is looking for a seasoned public relations professional that is passionate about the web3/cryptocurrency industry and can spearhead PR for ourselves as well as our portfolio companies.
We are also looking for someone with experience with podcast and newsletter placement in the web 3 and crypto industry.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience with PR in the blockchain/crypto industry, as well as positive relationships with media professionals in our industry and the community.
We want someone who is a self-starter and can take initiative - you’ll be our first PR hire and will work with extensive autonomy. This is a perfect role for someone who’s both ambitious but also doesn’t need micro-management.
Ideally you can also help our portfolio companies get on large and successful podcasts.
- Help us create a plan to land newspaper, podcast and newsletter coverage for ourselves and portfolio companies.
- Analyze and report on media coverage regularly
- Cultivate relationships with influential print, digital, and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within the blockchain and financial spaces.
- Develop media relations strategy focused on high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online channels to increase company visibility
- Schedule and manage requests for panels, podcasts, and more
- Write media releases and other press materials.
- Brief spokespeople within our organization on communicating with the media.
- Be the point of contact for some media inquiries
- Coordinate and manage relationships with community members, third parties in PR, publications, and events such as hackathons, community meetups, and conferences
- Understand the competitor landscape and stay ahead of any threat to our brand position
- Monitor web3 and web3 trends, innovations, and industry growth
We are looking for these traits:
- Passionate about Web3 and cryptocurrency
- 2+ years of experience in communications or public relations in web3/crypto projects with some established connections at major publications, and a proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Resourceful, hard-working, and solutions-oriented mindset - you work to solve problems before asking for help
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, exacting editorial standards, and impeccable people skills
- Willingness to work hard and roll up your sleeves to get work done and even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
- With a strategic mindset and the ability to sweat the details, you should be comfortable working in both unbound creative and more structured spaces.
- This role requires occasional travel to crypto conferences and other event
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative team
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking with the best in the industry
- Flexible schedule
- Global fast-growing market
- Free travel to conferences
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A web3 native VC fund supporting builders