Smart Contract Engineer
Across’ purpose is to fulfill crypto’s potential by making blockchains more usable, more accessible and more efficient.
Who is Across?
We are a team, aligned with the ethos of the crypto community, and as such believe that blockchains need to be maximally efficient and accessible for all users. Our vision is to make this happen by being the fastest and most capital-efficient EVM-centric bridge without compromising security or decentralization. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be continuing leading and differentiating through innovation.
Where are we headed?
- We focus on building- and will continue to build foundational technology that web3 needs
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to join our team. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system.
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial concepts.
- Smart Contracts: Implement designs with a focus on security, simplicity, ease of use, and gas-efficiency.
- Code Review and Mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In-depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
- Bots: Write off-chain code to interact with and manage smart contracts. Bot systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and antifragility.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 1+ years full-time experience working in solidity or other compiled language
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomic protocol design, game theory, or decentralized finance
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries are typically between $100-200k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
- The core Across team blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn top tier talent. The team is part of Risk Labs Foundation (also building UMA protocol) and we’re focused on building decentralized protocols governed by community members.
- We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed here if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and have a nerdy curiosity to solve hard problems.
- Across is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. Across teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
- You will not get bored at Across. Our culture is one of growth mindsets, and we’ve built a bridge with flexible and unique architecture- the possibilities are endless and we’ll continue to build, experiment, and evolve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Bridge Ethereum Deserves