Technical Project Manager
Who We Are
We are building the Subspace Network, a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain that scales far beyond existing designs. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and will be launching as a sovereign layer-one blockchain sometime in the next year. Subspace Labs is a venture-backed startup with a globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website, view our team handbook and read the technical whitepaper.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team of cryptocurrency enthusiasts and blockchain engineers. In this role, you will provide structure to and facilitate the process of turning technical requirements into production software. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will contribute directly to the success of our project.
In this position you will:
- Work with our protocol and product engineering teams to add process and structure to the larger project lifecycle across all layers of our stack.
- Coordinate the documentation of product requirements and technical specifications.
- Establish a process for Subspace Improvement Proposals (SIPs) and Subspace Release Candidates (SRCs) similar to the EIP/ERC process.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of public engineering roadmaps in Github.
- Work with engineering and product to convert technical requirements into well-defined tasks.
- Oversee the task lifecycle from backlog to release.
- Collaborate with engineers in setting and meeting timelines.
- Transparently communicate with all stakeholders regarding the current status of the various projects.
- 2+ years of experience as a project, program, or technical product manager for an open-source blockchain project.
- 2+ years of experience working with remote-first globally distributed teams.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, including cryptography, peer-to-peer networking, and consensus protocols.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle from conception to delivery, and various project management methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in an open-source way.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to gather and document requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
What We Offer:
- The ability to work with a globally distributed team from anywhere in the world.
- A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only).
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Subspace Network and grow into a long-term leadership role at Subspace Labs.
- Team offsites in various locations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Web3 @ Internet Scale