Senior Unity Developer (Illuvium Zero)
Contribute to the development and technical delivery of the Illuvium Zero mobile game. The ideal candidate would be someone who can make significant contributions to the development of the game which would include: coding work in C# (Unity), developing game architecture and providing design oversight, as well as teaching best practices and approaches to more junior team members. Take this chance to leave a major stamp on an exciting, first of its kind, crypto game.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Develop high quality Unity code in C#
- Oversee technical aspects of the project to ensure on time delivery of a high-quality product
- Work with game designers to develop game features and produce technical specifications
- Implement gameplay features according to the the game design documents and technical specifications
- Mentor developers to ensure standards and develop their skills
- Help Maintain project management artefacts such as stories, estimates, and timelines
- Work with art director and the art team to ensure alignment of art timeline and project deliverables, as well as the technical aspects of the art pipeline
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years, and preferably 10 years, experience in the games industry
- Must have shipped multiple titles as a programmer with at least one of them in either a AAA or large Indie studio
- Expert level C# knowledge in the context of Unity development
- Able to anticipate long-term issues and problems, but also build for the present
- Be passionate about games
- Has delivered one or more high-quality indie tiles as studio lead or as a solo developer (Highly Desirable)
- Knowledge of C++ and Unreal is desired but not required
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience integrating with server side APIs
- Experience, or interest, in blockchain/crypto, particularly its application in the gaming space
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to the world of Illuvium