Sound FX Game Designer
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis is a team of nation builders. Together, we build both the virtual worlds of the future and the infrastructure that makes them possible. When it comes to building our internal nation, we put lots of effort into creating a working environment where you will find fulfillment every day and can be yourself just as much as you are when at home. At our cores, we are entrepreneurs, innovators, nerds, and gamers. We are a group of people who are curious about new things, passionate about creating impactful changes, and candid when it comes to challenges and critics.
We are at the forefront of technological innovation and we are moving fast. As part of our team, you’ll join a group of talented young people, who are making changes while having fun doing it.
About the Role:
Sky Mavis is hiring a SoundFX Game Designer to work with the Art Director and the rest of the project team to support the creation and integration of current and upcoming game project. They are responsible for all in-game audio aspects from early design phase to final mix, while adhering to team values and best practices.
- Creation & integration of a wide variety of game audio, including characters, combat, monsters, foley and ambience.
- Working with developers to coordinate new implementation techniques.
- Taking direction from and collaborating with game designers, gathering information from other teams, and combining that with one's own creative input to produce top-notch audio unique to our games.
- Play-testing, troubleshooting, and bug fixing game audio issues.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience creating audio for video game titles, preferably as an in-house team members.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in audio recording, editing, processing, integration and mixing.
- Experience with Unity game engine audio workflow or similar game engines.
- Excellent organization and communication skills. A proven ability to convert abstract direction into sonic reality.
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage and track one's own workload, and able to maintain a schedule as part of a small team with many demands placed upon it.
- Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globally
- A fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
- A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
- Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
- Contribute to making revolutionary games
- Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
- Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Your application has been successfully submitted.