Software Engineer, Security
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Be part of advancing the security state of the art for the NFT ecosystem to ensure NFT exchanges are trustworthy
- Develop security critical infrastructure that the rest of the organization leverages to produce secure products
- Partner with Product team to help them not just eliminate vulnerabilities, but eliminate potential classes of vulnerabilities with secure-by-design principles
- Participate in regular assessments (orange teaming) and testing of our security tooling and guardrails
- Review and assist with remediating vulnerability reports
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Experience in particular verticals of cybersecurity: AppSecurity, PlatformSecurity, pentesting, fuzzing, or security incident response, etc
- Experience in cloud security, in particular AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience implementing and maintaining robust systems that scale to hundreds of millions of users
- Experience interacting with blockchains, experience in security of blockchain interactions
Your application has been successfully submitted.
OpenSea is the world's first and largest NFT marketplace