Front End Developer
About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop offering across their enterprise and consume data feeds in real-time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a critical source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader in building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
CoinDesk Indices is hiring a front-end developer to conceptualize, build, test, and improve internal applications to enhance the data-gathering and analytical capabilities of its analysts, editors, and reporters so that they can iteratively improve the written, visual and interactive content they deliver to its readers. These professionals produce the news and analysis that makes CoinDesk the leading publisher in the cryptocurrency category. The Front-End Developer will work closely with existing CoinDesk Indices engineering teams to build new capabilities in a way that informs the development of new features for end-users. Some of the applications developed through this process will become components of new products for CDI end users, as CoinDesk Indices expands its offerings for sophisticated cryptocurrency investors.
The role will eventually report to the VP of Engineering for CoinDesk Indices.
- Proficiency in data analysis using Python, R and SQL.
- Familiarity with financial data and its uses in financial analysis.
- Entrepreneurial approach to projects, including a willingness to work closely with users, product managers and engineers to identify needs, then develop minimum viable products to test, observe and iterate.
- Ability to gather and analyze the content requirements of both internal users and end-users in the context of financial analysis and investment.
- Conduct user discovery interviews and observations, developing a clear sense of internal user needs.
- Conceptualize solutions that help users meet objectives, fit into their workflows and expand their capabilities.
- Develop and deploy data applications, such as data dashboards, both for internal use and as potential enhancements to price pages, working in collaboration with product managers and back-end developers as needed.
- Work with data providers at CoinDesk Indices to define back-end requirements for tools that enhance the analysis, reporting and display of indices data.
- Work with analysts, editors and reporters to contribute to long-form projects anchored on data visualizations and interactivity.
- Provide analysts, editors and reporters with support and documentation as required, and gather feedback on applications and features.
- Implement changes in response to user feedback.
- Collaborate with Product teams to identify features, applications and enhancements for end-user-facing platforms, including coindesk.com/price/bitcoin, other price pages and other data products.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to fast-track the development of end-user-facing products, providing specs and insights based on internal product development, adoption and user feedback.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CoinDesk is a news site specializing in bitcoin and digital currencies.