Lead Game Designer
Parallel Studios is developing the next AAA sci-fi franchise and leveraging blockchain/nft tech to deploy our IP as nft's, games, comics, movies, & more! We are fast moving, innovative, & flexible in a way that has allowed us to grow rapidly into one of, if not the most well-regarded nft gaming companies in the world. We aim to continue breaking ground as we merge blockchain tech with traditional entertainment to create a new paradigm in which the users own parts of the digital worlds they grow to love.
The 3D & Immersive team at Parallel focuses on creating the most innovative virtual and mixed reality experiences. They are pioneering a new form of interactive entertainment and storytelling by leveraging years of combined experience in the tech, film and AAA videogame industries.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with a cross-functional team of experts on multiple disciplines: games, film, tech, software development.
- Lead the creative vision for multiple projects in the 3D & Immersive space. From early conception to beyond shipping, you’ll work closely with our Content and Technology teams to imagine and execute innovative experiences aligned with the Parallel art direction.
- Lead the Game Design documentation. Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the vision is carried over from documentation to execution.
- Design breakthrough, unique features and game mechanics for specific projects that converge into a larger, longer term vision for the Parallel IP and its products.
- Focus on finding monetization opportunities by exploring the deep richness of our brand and understanding the interests of our community.
- Help build a rich ecosystem of projects that expands beyond videogames, and scales over time to bring the Parallel Universe to a much broader audience.
- Be the gatekeeper for the quality and fun of the gameplay spaces the team builds and champion it towards the various stakeholders involved.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has led the creative direction on multiple AAA videogames or real time experiences.
- Has a deep understanding of videogame and software development phases.
- Is aware of technology constraints, thinks out of the box and is able to transform challenges into design opportunities.
- Is experienced or has a great interest and passion for the Web3 / Crypto / NFT / P2E space.
- Is a team player and can help us build an amazing culture.
- Experience with multiple game engines and ability to autonomously prototype game features.
- Has amazing presentation skills to convey ideas to the rest of the team and the community.
- Optimism, proactiveness, open-mindedness and the desire to share knowledge and learn from others.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with or creating a well-known IP.
- Previous experience in game Character / Vehicles / Equipment customization systems.
- Passion and interest for AR/VR experiences and understanding of their specific design language requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Parallel is a vast sci-fi universe with five factions battling for home