Head of Product & Data Intelligence
About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop offering across their enterprise and consume data feeds in real-time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a critical source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader in building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
We are looking for a Senior Data Product Manager (Head of Product & Data Intelligence) to report to the President; someone with crypto/blockchain experience to define and create a data product offering. This position will be responsible for acquiring cryptocurrency data, developing new techniques to map activity on cryptocurrency to real-world entities, and surfacing the data in our products.
About this role
As part of your responsibilities, you will craft and execute strategies for acquiring new crypto data, work with a team of brilliant researchers, and software engineers, lead the development of analytical techniques to map assets and create tools and features for our customers to understand the crypto activity, and prioritize customer requests vs. new research-based modeling initiatives. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys diving deep and translating complex data and product problems into clear product requirement documents and roadmaps. As part of this role, you will work with Engineering, Operations, Research, and Sales teams across CoinDesk and DCG subsidiaries.
- Develop a framework for acquiring new data, creating a robust data acquisition roadmap, crafting a product strategy, and executing against it.
- Work with CoinDesk editorial teams to provide timely, valuable data to create stories and insight.
- Successfully present long-term plans to senior leadership and obtain buy-in to execute a long-term plan for modeling and crypto data acquisition.
- Deep knowledge of crypto data assets and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Deep understanding of our customers’ problems in crypto investigations and transaction monitoring and can translate these pain points into quantitative problems that the Data Product team can solve.
- Create product requirement documents and launch new features.
- Create frameworks for prioritization between customer requests vs. research-led modeling initiatives.
- Expertise in accessing and analyzing CoinDesk Indices including data, product usage data, and financial metrics.
- Set clear OKRs for the business, get buy-in from your stakeholders, and start delivering against those OKRs.
- Implement robust planning processes, create clear roadmaps and rally the team around the OKRs.
- Experience in the crypto industry and deep understanding of crypto data.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience or minimum 3 years of product management experience with proven results.
- Experience in building data products or products with a significant data component e.g. recommendation products or search/discovery products.
- Comfortable conducting data analysis independently using SQL or Python, for example.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, or a quantitative discipline preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CoinDesk is a news site specializing in bitcoin and digital currencies.