Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
Messari is the leader in data, intel, and research for the cryptocurrency industry. Messari is looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with over 100 top projects and DAOs. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers and manage the various touch points across 3 major initiatives: Protocol Services, Governor, and on-chain metrics. Ideally the candidate will have a strong understanding of the crypto industry and a familiarity with DAOs and their communication channels.
Account management responsibilities include onboarding new customers ensuring they have a seamless experience working with Messari while also maintaining strong relationships as we continue to work with them on various initiatives. The Account Manager will also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including sales, product, and research) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require occasional travel.
We’re looking for someone who client-obsesses, always looking to improve overall satisfaction going above and beyond the core requirements. You should be a self starter comfortable with working independently with minimal oversight and capable of independently delivering results across the business.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Help facilitate research deliverables for Protocol Services
- Engage with DAO communities using Messari Governor
- Assist the product team communication with projects as they build out on-chain metrics
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager or relevant role
- Strong interest (obsession) in the crypto industry and experience working for or interacting with DAOs
- Ability to juggle a large number of accounts and projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to listen attentively and communicate ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player, but independent and self-motivated
- Self-starter who can take loose instruction, and lead the process and deliverables from start to finish
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot)
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
$80,000-$110,000 + bonus
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Gain an edge over the crypto market with professional grade data, tools, and research.