Junior Technical Artist
We are looking for a talented and Junior Technical Artist who has versatile skills in different disciplines, primarily Unreal Engine, animation/technical animation, visual effects, and source control.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain-based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely, so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end, all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Work closely with the art team and technical art team to maintain a consistent and continually improving aesthetic across all 3D assets in the game on a budget.
- Work in Unreal Engine 5 for project organization, asset management, optimization and blueprinting and scripting in general.
- Maintain and help other team members in 3D artwork workflows, using Unreal, Maya, Photoshop and Git SCM.
- Manage and enhance the player experience using animation and FX in Unreal Engine 5.
- Work on 3D asset optimization tasks to achieve the highest quality visuals with minimal impact on lower-spec systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of creating high quality, performance assets on a budget.
- Strong technical knowledge, preferably with scripting or coding experience.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, including asset creation, management and optimization.
- Understanding of how game animation works and animations workflows in general.
- A decent level of scripting and preferably coding experience in Game Engine.
- Proficient enough on Git SCM to help, coach and manage other team members.
- Proactive, team player mindset with excellent communication skills and hands-on mentality.
- A high degree of initiative and reliability.
- Previous game production experience.
This job is 100% remote and we are looking to recruit the best talent globally.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to the world of Illuvium