Rust Team Lead
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Mina-rs, and Gossamer.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors.
- Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need:
We are looking to expand our team that gets involved in the rust-based blockchain projects, primarily substrate-related projects. As part of your job, you can expect to lead the technical delivery and develop crypto-economically sound and robust solutions. You will need to organize and split the work between the team but also write comprehensive and well-tested code that is as efficient as possible, while always ensuring correctness.
Your tasks will revolve around but are not limited to, working on various parts of the fast-growing rust blockchain ecosystems substrate ecosystem, such as Polkadot. You can expect to work on cutting-edge blockchain technology and will develop core blockchain runtime systems in rust. This will also involve developing completely new substrate pallets that will add value to the wider Polkadot ecosystem as well as maintenance of existing ones or even writing smart contracts in Rust.
Ideally looking for someone located in East Asia or Europe strongly preferred
- Research and learn about the wider substrate and Polkadot ecosystem
- Manage a team of engineers by meeting with them regularly and understanding their individual needs
- Create, and delegate tasks in coordination with the Project Manager
- Help to scope out and estimate new projects
- Write clean, correct, and well-tested blockchain runtime code
- Play an active role in the development of user-facing runtime APIs
- Collaborate with other team members that take part in open source development
- Expertise with the Rust language and its ecosystem
- Previous experience in leading the team
- Experience as a Smart Contract or Substrate Runtime developer
- Knowledge of current blockchain technologies and landscape.
- Knowledge/work on P2P networking or consensus algorithms
- Open-source software background
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion are more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are - and why we do what we do. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices. We encourage women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
If at any time we can provide accommodations to facilitate your application and interview process, please let us know. We will strive to meet your needs.
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as a competitive salary.
To apply for this position, please fill out the linked application form. Please attach your CV/resume as well as a link to your Github/Gitlab profile or some other software project you have contributed to..
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ChainSafe Systems is an R&D firm specializing in blockchain and web3 infrastructure.