Social Media Editor
CoinDesk, the global leader in crypto and blockchain news, seeks a versatile Social Media Editor to be embedded in multimedia, podcast, events, marketing, newsroom and newsletter operations to strategize, execute and supervise day-to-day posting and special project promotion on social platforms as the company seeks to reach and engage deeply with new audiences.
Every member of the social media team has their own superpower. This editor must write and edit quickly, cleanly and succinctly, and they must be a master of shaping copy and social-native content to match the voice of different social networks. Beyond just having working knowledge of the fundamentals of tech, finance or cryptocurrency (preferably all), the right candidate should have proven experience breaking down technical concepts, in making them accessible, enjoyable to consume, and in using them to generate conversation, engagement and organic community expansion.
They also need to be a strong collaborator, working in real-time with the editorial team to take hold of relevant social conversations, all the while keeping strong journalistic ethics and standards in mind.
The editor must also have the versatility to manage promotional activities across other products in sync with the marketing arm of CoinDesk, as well as to think synergistically about how to collaborate with influencers and other brands to build awareness of campaigns. A well-rounded toolkit of multimedia, design, data charting and live coverage is a plus.
The editor plays an integral role in broader audience strategy and must be comfortable with analytics, have a good sense of how to measure success (both broadly and on a campaign basis), and be comfortable with setting up and analyzing data on campaign performance as well as with experimentation. They should have experience with identifying opportunities within social media trends to inform editorial strategy.
- Produce and edit daily social media posts, including written copy, designs and multimedia, on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram and other platforms
- Develop a unique, authoritative voice for CoinDesk platforms off-site that builds trust, piques interest and engages new and loyal audiences
- Quickly respond to news with social-native content, amplifying important news with multimedia, graphics, live tweeting, tweet threads or other social tools
- Manage and moderate communications on social media platforms to facilitate efficient engagement between the audience and newsroom
- Develop and execute social strategies around educational content for an audience new to crypto
- Work across editorial, multimedia, events and other teams to develop and execute social promotion
- Develop and execute strategies to engage influencers to drive off-site conversation
- Assist with promotional campaigns for special projects, product launches, sponsored content and events
- Report social media performance analytics on campaigns to be accountable for audience KPIs of campaigns and overall content produced
- Moderate social media comments and messages, identifying opportunities to engage directly with users on behalf of the CoinDesk brand
- 3-5 years of experience managing social media for a media company or comparable organization
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrency industry
- Proven news sense, preferably in business or cryptocurrency news
- Proven skills at creating social media content that drives engagement
- Thorough knowledge of social media production, management and analytics tools
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately for different audiences
- Experience working across teams with a thorough understanding of journalistic ethics
- Great communicator with the ability to listen generously and learn
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, news-driven organization
- Ability to self-start and follow through on executing new ideas
- Familiarity with analytics and publishing tools including SocialFlow, Sprout, Google Analytics, Parsley and Chartbeat
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CoinDesk is a news site specializing in bitcoin and digital currencies.