This job is no longer accepting applications.
Decentral Games is a DAO focused on building NFT-based games. Up until now, crypto innovation has been heavily focused on trading and financial products; DG flips that by creating games that are not only fun and exciting, but also allows its players to own and control its future.
As a remote-first web3 company, we have a working environment that is playful, bold, and fast-focused (we don’t love unnecessary meetings). Together, we’re a team of entrepreneurs, futurists, artists, nerds, and gamers. Our motto is fun, hard working, and casual — you may even encounter a coworker known only as “Duck” or “Spicy Prawn”. That’s the metaverse for you!
Here at DG, you’ll be joining a team of super-talents building products in and out of the metaverse — and we’re only just getting started.
About the Role:
We recently launched our beta version of ICE Poker and it has quickly become the most popular game within our community. In just three months, we have seen our monthly revenue grow 10x, our discord community grow from 8k to 45k, and our ICE Poker venues are now the most popular destinations in the open metaverse.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Animator to join our team to design and launch our in-game emotes.
- Working from concept art to develop emote animations with the Decentraland Avatar
- Develop animation sketches/storyboard/main poses for new emotes
- Ability to make animation breakdowns from references and develop them
- Researching visual styles and genres to produce each individual project
- Ensure synchronization of frames and participate in editing process
- Working with Team/Approval Committee on compatibility and design issues
- Managing files, asset libraries and update procedures documentation
- Advanced Blender knowledge/experience
- Comfortable working with deadlines
- Strong artistic and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy, human/avatar movement
- Ability to visualize 3D iterations of two dimensional sketches and artwork
- Good instinct for timing, movement, editing cuts
- Understanding of the movement of limbs, the effect of weight, and the behavior of avatar models
- Knowledge of character rigging and skinning
- 3D modeling
- 3D texturing
- Applying motion capture to animation (Optional, definitely a plus)
To apply for this role, please send your resume + portfolio/reel + password.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ice Poker in the Metaverse